www.hsbc.co.uk/newcard – how to activate your new HSBC card
If you are a first-time user of a debit card or credit card then you may be super excited when you first receive your card in your hand. On the other hand, if you were already using a card and unfortunately had lost it, you may really feel relieved when you receive your re-issued card in your hand. But you should remember that whether you are super excited or relieved on receiving your card in your hand, it would not have any meaning or use unless you activate your new card (credit card or debit card). The same is the case with HSBC’s new card also. HSBC cards are highly admirable and valued all over the world but if you are feeling overwhelmed in joy just after receiving your new card in your hand then your job is still half done because you need to activate your HSBC card for making it usable.
So how do I activate my HSBC card?
There are three different ways in which you can activate your HSBC new card – activation over the phone, online activation and activation at any ATM.
- Activation over the phone: You can activate your new HSBC card in under 60 seconds by calling their automatic line (available 24 x 7). You just have to provide your card details and answer a few questions about your personal details (required for authentication) that the bank has on their record. For debit card activation call – 0800 783 5263. For credit card activation call – 0800 328 1370.
- Online activation: For activating your new HSBC card through internet, you need to log on to HSBC online banking. Just log onto your HSBC online banking by using your secure digital key and follow the online instructions which may be far easier than activating your new HSBC card over the phone.
- Activation at any ATM: You can also activate your new HSBC card at any ATM but you will get that option if it is not your first debit card with HSBC. All you have to do, just make a PIN transaction (cash withdrawal or mobile top-up or balance inquiry) at any HSBC ATM and your new card will be automatically activated. If you are a joint account holder and you have more than one card on your account, you need to activate each card separately to make them usable.
How do I activate my HSBC card contactless feature?
The contactless payment feature of a card is a very fantastic feature that allows you to make payments without swiping your card physically at any POS machine. With the Contactless payment feature you also don’t have to input your card details (card number, expiry date, CVV) at any machine. So, there is less chance of card cloning and fraud. To activate your contactless feature on your new HSBC card you will need to make a PIN transaction with the card first and the feature will get automatically activated on your card. However, for security purpose you may be asked to provide your card pin from time to time.
- One of the largest banking and financial services organizations in the world.
- The international network comprises around 7500 offices and spread over 80 countries.
- One of the four major clearing banks in the United Kingdom.
- The only Bank in the United Kingdom holds more deposits than loans.
- HSBC is listed on the London, New York, Hong Kong, Paris, and Bermuda stock exchanges.
How do I report my lost HSBC card?
- Call from within the UK: 0800 085 2401
- Call from the outside UK: +44 1442 422929